Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Peace in our time? I doubt...

I'm glad that the Traditionalist Faction continues to petition us for peace. The last thing I need is the constant war impinging on my research. I've lost too many prototypes so far during these brief few weeks of war - my first attempt at co-opting Vanguard HVAS technology and my prototype Impervium Armoured Suit to name but two.

I guess my previous experience with Ambassador Kuhr'Rekt means that Vanguard put me forward as the representative to the Rogue Isles during the recent peace negotiations. Cleared by Lord Recluse himself, by dint of my "Chosen One" status, I was given full diplomatic authority.

The Traditionalist Ambassador Il'los was most attentive to what I had to put forward, though more reticent about my attempts to "suggest" trade arrangements for the Rogue Isles.

I spent some time after the official talks to chat with a few of the Rikti and human dignitaries in attendance. It seems, unfortunately, that the Traditionalists are the minority faction here on Earth and while they seek peace the Restructionist faction wields the greater power.

Peace in our time? Perhaps not. But perhaps, we can redirect and calm hostilities (preferably towards Paragon City and away from the Rogue Isles!)

No comments: