Saturday, May 09, 2009

Thwarted by Lord Nemesis!

The time for a little Aeon Entertainment had to be put on hold today, as Dark Watcher of Vanguard contacted me to request my assistance in bringing in a defector from the Nemesis Army.

Unfortunately the defector died on the scene but not before telling me that Nemesis was behind the Rikti Invasion! (not enough information by far, I won't be immediately returning the gentleman's corpse to Vanguard - I have my own... questions that my colleague Dr Digitalis can extract from the undead corpse)

I was next dispatched to meet with some Longbow-types to secure their help with Vanguards' Portal Technology. This despite my assurances to Watcher that I'd be able to do that just fine, they wanted Portal Corps on the job. Still, I got to see a Longbow Cape die, so it wasn't a total waste!

So, I could finally head off to the Nemesis Base in the Shadow Shard to look for evidence that Nemesis started the Rikti war. Bypassing the external guards and heading to a cave behind this base I found some pretty compelling evidence in the shape of a steam-powered dimensional portal.

I was just taking notes on the construction of the device while a Drone ZR-2 fetched the documentation from a nearby safe when I was rudely interrupted! A bolt of radiation slammed into my Aegis Shielding and I turned to face what on first glance looked like Positron.

Closer scans showed that it wasn't Positron at all but a clever simulcra of the armoured "hero". With next to no time to react, the replica almost killed me - only the updates to my ZR Aegis Transponder saved me by teleporting me back to the ARAD Lab as I fell unconscious.

Looks like I'll need to go back with more reinforcements...

No comments: