Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Mole Point Bravo

As I suspected - at least Technician Grant Naylor still had some important work for Arachnos to be done for a member of my rank.

This time I had to infiltrate and subvert a Longbow-held base in an alternate dimension - code-named Mole Point Bravo. Somewhere in a dimension called the "Shadow Shard". Regardless, the task was easily accomplished.

The suprise came when not a half hour later ARAD received an emergency call from Naylor that we were needed to go back to the newly secured facility and repel some alien invaders and destroy it to stop them breaking through to our dimension. Shades of the Rikti, methinks. But as least the Rikti are vaguely human-looking - some of these "Rularuu" were floating eyeballs!

Curiously, I encountered some of Lord Nemesis' troops in the Shadow Shard - seems like he may have interests there and I may have to end up tangling with his automatons soon. Good thing I've already dismantled several and ascertained they pose no threat to the might of Arachnos and the technology of ARAD's Scientists.

As a side-note from my jaunt to the Shadow Shard, I would like to report the Base Commander Rimsey for gross stupidity! Half the regulations he quoted at me didn't exist, and he was reckless to the point of dangerousness - charging at Rularuu Brutes leaving me and ARAD to jump after him to save his hide. Yes, he was needed to activate the self-destruct on the base portal, but really - a little respect for Arachnos Research and Development's position among Arachnos Prime was due.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to see it updated:)

Anonymous said...

Excellent progress Zaprobo. We look forward to your full report.

Master Zaprobo said...

Why Sinnius Green, my old colleague from another time, and another place.

I trust your dreams of a mechanical nation are bearing fruit - I have found my place with Archnos now.

Unknown said...

Our legions remains strong, although we have lost some talented minds to madness and malaise. Yours was our greatest loss, old friend.