Sunday, November 26, 2006

Recluse's Victory Assailed

Black Scorpion has not allowed me to tinker with a Bane Mace as of yet (apparently to have access to such high technology I need to further prove my worth) but he has given me an Executioners Mace that I have managed to modify. At the expense of any offensive power I have made the basic web grenade more highly explosive so it can cover a patch of ground and snare multiple foes.

And not a moment too soon as shortly after I'd acquired the parts I needed from a Crey facility in the Nerva Archipelago, I got notification from Arachnos Research and Development monitoring stations that the Heroes of Paragon City were going to stage an assault on Recluse's Victory.

It took me a good two hours to hack my way into Lord Recluse's scientific database (Black Scorpion needs to change his passwords more often!) and identify what "Recluse's Victory" really is. Time and Dimension travel in one project! Yeah, you heard me right.

The place is a future version of Atlas Park where Arachnos is near dominant over Paragon City. Somehow, there are Temporal Pillboxes that have been constructed to lock down the future - weak points in the continuum. Once we control them, we control who has ascendancy in the future. And the heroes were going to get there first? Not on my watch!

Rallying as many Rogue Isle citizens as I could we marched on Recluse's Victory. It was an afternoon of glorious battles and humiliating defeats.

In the end before Arachnos could sieze control of all the Temporal Points I was called away by Black Scorpion for "emergency" upgrades to his armour after he took some minor damage in Recluse's Victory as well (we were joined on the battlefield by Lord Recluse and Black Scorpion himself, as well as Ghost Widow and Captain Mako. Didn't see Scirocco),

Next time Paragon... next time!

No comments: