Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Source Identified

I have been contacted by one group I never thought I'd hear of in the limelight again - Vanguard. The UN Metahuman Force tasked with dealing with the Rikti during the first war. And, it seems, this one.

I have no idea how they constructed them so quickly, but Vanguard DPO's have popped up around the Isles and portals that teleport into the heart of the Rikti Crash Zone in Paragon City have been constructed. Perhaps we sould more accurately call it the Rikti War Zone now...

Regardless, I was introduced to the senior members of Vanguard and given a brief tour of their base in Paragon. I was particularly impressed by their robotics technology, even if they did not respond to my commands...

Meeting with Dark Watcher, the head of Vanguard Intelligence (or Helm as they call it), he briefed me on the situation - Vanguard are calling in all metahumans "good" and "evil" to help fight the Rikti.

It seems, according to patchy intelligence, War Leader Hro'Dtohz of the Rikti (intelligence photo attached) has managed to establish at least a partially stable portal back to their own dimension and have been porting in new forces and technology. The portal is located somewhere in the Rikti War Zone hence the "free access" from the Rogue Isles.

What else could I do? I've agreed to help Vanguard, in exchange for access to their research facilities.

No comments: