Thursday, July 05, 2007

Project DESTINY Begins!

Well, it seems that I have reconciled my dispute with Black Scorpion, who is finally allowing me to work directly on Project DESTINY. The first task, to fine-tune the Arachnos Portal Technology.

It seems Lord Recluse has used his Fortunatas to divine a future where he triumphs over the hateful Statesman. They prophesied that a great portal would allow access to this future, and that the key to zeroing in on this future would be a villain who rose from obscurity to notoriety - the elite of Arachnos.

They say its me. I'm the Destined One. Over the years I've seen thaumaturgy used as blithely as I use electricity - demons, spectres, mages and other manifestations. Back in my day I would have dismissed this out of hand. Now... no, no I stand by my findings. I am no such thing - but if my Lord and Arachnos needs me to assist I shall.

My preliminary tests, however, were strange. The portal would not lock on anywhere but a single point in time, 15 years from now. I couldn't get it to zone in anywhere else.

I had to go through and eliminate the interference. My ZR Aegis Transponder was affected by the machinery there, and the imaging circuits were affected but I managed to capture these images.

Massacring the Rogue Arachnos Troops, I turned and was faced with the one man I could have guaranteed, really, to be trying to foil mine and Arachnos' plans.

Dr Aeon. The one scientist who dares to oppose me, time after time, with only a thin veil of respectability from Arachnos (and his time teleportation technology) to save him each time we clash.

As he did this time - muttering about a ruined city.

Seems that Dr Aeon has been watching me my entire career, and a hand-scrawled journal testified to the fact. Hopefully, this will be all the evidence I need to get Arachnos to let me shut him down for good this time.

No comments: